Audio, Video, Disco

Audio, Video, Disco - Latin for "I hear, I see, I learn"

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

More on temples

In many temples in Tamil Nadu and also in Karnataka I noticed that polished granite and marble have been used in very old temples. How can one make changes that do not gel with the basic character of the structure? Dravidian temples with marble floors? Worse. In many cases tiles like the kind used in bathrooms are used in temples. Ugh! Is there nothing that is sacrosanct? And of course we never fail to paint over inscriptions. Every time repairs are carried out in a temple, I suppose something of our past will be lost.Ugly painted pillars, ugly tiles. I wish we treated our heritage with a little more respect.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Madam,

There is someone called as Balu who was an old Madurai Mani Iyer rasika. I think he can get your Spool recorder serviced

Regards,

Preet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home